Postal Tax Stamps
Postal tax stamps issued in 1951 in new currency.
In 1947 Jordan issued its first set of postal tax stamps depicting the Mosque at Hebron, the Dome of the Rock and Acre. These stamps were to be placed on foreign-bound letters at a rate of half of the regular postage. The funds raised went to the Welfare Fund for Arabs in Palestine. In 1951 a new set of stamps was issued when currency reforms resulted in the replacement of "Mils" and the "Palestine Pound" with "Fils" and "Jordanian Dinar".
"Jordan." Standard Postage Stamp Catalogue.
Rossiter, Stuart and John Flower. The Stamp Atlas. London: Macdonald and Co., 1986.
Direct comments, questions and corrections to:
© Grose Educational Media, 2015